Friday, May 9, 2008

yes, raspberries!



Some women crave weird foods during their pregnancy and send their boyfriends to Mc Donald's to fetch a cheeseburger at almost midnight in a snow storm.  I think that's what Vickie asked Gaby to do.  Maybe I changed the story a bit - maybe the snow storm is exaggerated but the burger thing is true.

I craved fruits.  
Had about 4 fruits every day.  
Never ate so many fruits in my life. 
And my favourite were raspberries in the morning mixed with yoghurt.  
I think I had this lovely mix every day for the last 8 months! So delicious. No kidding.

This combination (dairy and fruit) reminds me of my teenage years in Germany when two of my girlfriends and I  would have lunch in this department store cafeteria (die Kaufhalle) on Saturdays while we were shopping for lip gloss and fun tops.  We would start with french fries with gravy and end with a big portion of vanilla ice cream, with hot rasperries and whipped cream.  How the hell did we eat this without getting sick or having a bad tummy ache?

No comments: