Wednesday, May 14, 2008

gotta keep busy today....


One more day to go before Mat comes.  
Today, I gotta keep busy to keep my mind off tomorrow since I feel a bit nervous :
Here is what I plan to do :
- write two or three posts
- buy a book
- take a shower
- get the hospital bags ready for the car
- try to finish a painting I started this week
- take some sun
- walk a bit
- go for ice cream
- relax
- clean the house a bit....

Yesterday, I went to the hospital to open my cervix.  I will not describe the procedure since it was not a pleasant one but luckily it went well and I was out of the hospital in two hours (the doctor told me it could have taken longer and I might have stayed at the hospital all night...happy that did not happen).  
I got a glimpse of what labour will be about tomorrow. I got very silent, felt very tired, very hot, felt I was going to faint.  I managed to walk a bit in the room, making a step every two seconds - felt as I was 100 years old.
Nice thing I remember, the sun coming in the room...Mat chose a good season to come. It was a beautiful day yesterday, today is sunny too and so will tomorrow.
M was relaxing in the chair beside me.  It actually made me feel secure that M was relaxed enough to doze off for a few minutes.  Funny too! I was not talking to him anymore at this point anyways because of the pain...so why wouldn't he sleep?

No comments: