Thursday, May 8, 2008

sleeping with your beads


A few weeks ago, I  invited moms that are close to my heart for a night of creative journaling on motherhood.  They shared love and mommy words with me...It was a memorable night - more emotional than anticipated.  Every time, I get a bit nervous about the upcoming delivery, I think about that night.  I think about the personal stories and the tears...
As bonus for me, I asked them each to bring a bead that represents them...My plan was to put these special beads on a necklace that I will wear or hold during labor.  I have been sleeping with this necklace for the last two nights - hoping that it will bring me contractions.  Up to now, it has not worked but I still feel the energy of all these moms with me...

I have to be patient.

Claude called me today to tell me that she started wearing her bead.  Miss Sunshine had the heartwarming idea of buying herself the same bead she offered me.  So touched by what she did.


No comments: