Saturday, May 24, 2008

gelato from Roberto's - banana and bacci flavoured

The hospital stay was tough (the pain, the sleep deprivation, sharing a room with another mom, the noise, the not so good food...) but I I remember one calming afternoon when Joanne came to visit us.  She brought a bag of goodies : 
- first of all : gelato ( I think ice cream never tasted as good as that afternoon, not even the one I ate in Italy.  When you are sick, the freshness and the creaminess of gelato is unimaginably good!); 
- tabloids;
- wrinkle cream (I tried it right away but it made my skin itch...ok, it was not a good idea to try to reduce wrinkles while you are recovering from surgery);
- and eye shadow (I did not put any on but just looking at the pale shimmery pink made me feel a bit better).

Then auntie JK took baby Mat in her arms for a full hour showering him with kisses and staring at him - and giving M and me a wonderful rest.
Thank you Joanna
love you 

No comments: