Friday, July 11, 2008

a very special quilt by a very special girl



when I was pregnant Dominique promised to make Mateo a quilt...
We had our arts and crafts date this week (lots of fun - I came back home so relaxed) and there was my surprise !
I still can't believe she did this for me - it takes so much time to do these - I would never have the patience to do this.
I know how much effort and love she put into it : finding the right fabric, cutting the fabric, assembling the fabric, sewing the fabric, finding the right colour for the letters, sewing the letters, lining it with nice white cotton in the back...and I am probably forgetting some steps.
Thank you so much Dominique - you don't know how much this means to me.
You are GREAT! 
Mateo will probably hold on to this quilt all of his life.

3 comments:

Dominique said...

It was great thinking about my friend who was having her first baby (and how much he would be loved) while I was making it...
A great project for a fantastic baby!

isabelle said...

I'm impressed by Dominique's work. It's beautiful.

marie-chantale said...

wow! lucky mateo! Congrats to Dominique, i'm sure this quilt will travel time with her love and care attach to it...