Sunday, March 8, 2009

rituals


I don't think that M and I have that many rituals.
And I think that is why it was a bit hard for us to Mat in a bedtime routine...
What we do for sure is : 
- give him supper at 6h00
- put him in a fresh pajama at around 7 
- feed him at 8h00 in my bed in a quiet dark room
- and put him to bed at 8h20

It seems to be working well.  His nights are much better.  He wakes up only twice now.  I have accepted the fact that I don't sleep right through the night like before.  Once you accept it, it is much easier.  It's really okay for me now.  What wouldn't I do for Mat anyways?! I also asked M today if he thought it was easier than before and he says that he is getting used to his "new kinds" of nights also.

Sometimes we give him a bath - sometimes we don't
Sometimes we read him a story - sometimes we don't.  
As I said, it is so hard for me to stick with rituals....

On this picture :  here we are after a great bath ! Mateo loves water! (Everytime, we take him out of the water, he cries...)

Hair neatly combed by Papa!

No comments: