Monday, June 2, 2008

first night out


no- my first night out was not with M
my first night out was with the girls to see Sex and The City - and it was so good!
Tried on a lot of clothes the night before for one hour, knowing that all the girls at the cinema would dress up too.
Was hoping that something would fit me - but no -  I had to wear maternity clothes ! But I think I still looked somewhat fashionable with makeup and accessories...
The movie was SOOOOOOOOOOO good, whatever the critics say.  We cried, we laughed and we were in ahhhh...(how do you spell that word ?).  A true feel-good movie. 
I had my phone with me just in case Mateo cried too much and I would have to rush back home in a taxi but that night he slept for five hours in a row - his first long stretch since he was born. He knew that mommy was having fun and thought : "What the heck, I will sleep a bit longer and wait that she comes back."




2 comments:

missweb said...

Look at you getting out already! I'm so proud of you! Mommy's time is so important. Glad you enjoyed it!!!

isabelle said...

Reading your blog brings so many memories back...I remember when I had nothing to put on to go out. I even almost had a ticket coming back from the store wanting to buy something but nothing was fitting! When the policeman saw me crying (post-partum I guess)..he let me go! I remember also being out with a friend for coffee and having my phone ready to come rushing back home to breastfeed!
But remember: LIPGLOSS does it all!