Thursday, June 26, 2008

what I eat, he eats


They say that a baby taste buds develop with what the mommy eat.
Mateo likes almost everything.
He is lucky because he is starting his life with a summer menu.
Last week, I had a "fall" dish  :beet soup.  I find it delicious - especially with sour cream and dill-  but my prince did not like it all - he cried all evening with cramps.  Poor M was stuck with him - he is better than me with calming him because he lays him facing down on his arm (I am not strong enough to do it for more than 5 minutes). 

I love to have plans and list of things that I can cross out to feel that I am accomplishing something.  
I know that being a mom is big job but I still like to have other things going...
So I plan to make a new recipe every week from our many cookbooks and make it very summery:

Eaten already and will eat again :
-spaghetti alle vongole
-orzo salad with roasted vegetables, feta, pine nuts and basil
-creamy pasta with lobster
- strawberry, raspberry and grapes salad with a dash of Cointreau
- key lime pie (ok that one was bought!)
- bbqs with special dips and rubs

on my list next week:
-nectarine crumble
- zucchini stuffed with italian sausages

and yesterday, I made lemonade
- it looked good but wasn't that great - I did not want to put too much sugar!




No comments: