Sunday, April 19, 2009

pizza


All this food talk gave me an idea of another post : Pizza.
Why pizza? What is the link with Mat?
When I was pregnant, I used to look at all the men - babies, toddlers, teenagers, young men, men, older men...and I was wondering if they could look like my son.
I imagined Mat's features so many times...
I would always tell M : Look, maybe Mateo will look like that....
M thought this was very weird.

And one day, we went to one of my favourite restaurants (Botega) and I fell in love with the boy who was making the pizza.  He was maybe 16 and so handsome.  He was short (like me) and had dark features (like M) and I stared at him many times during the evening. I loved his fun t-shirt and his baseball cap. I just loved the energy that came out of him.

I thought it was so cool that he was so good at playing and shaping the pizza dough.
I thought : Wow! I would like my son to do this kind of job when he is a teenager.
I don't see pizza the same way anymore.

It's fun to imagine crazy scenarios like this.

Oh, I almost forgot : pizza is also M's favourite food!

1 comment: