Friday, August 22, 2008

Chinatown


We had many plans for M's three weeks of vacation.  I can't find the list I had made but we did not get to do all the things we wanted to do because the weather was bad.  But now, a few days from M's going back to work, we are trying to put check marks on the few things we really wanted to do. 
M wanted to eat Chinese food.  
Two nights ago, we went to Chinatown.  
We always have supper very late.  I don't know why but we are never really hungry before 8. (Actually I know why : it is all the cakes, ice cream and cookies I eat in the afternoon!!)  So we left home at 7 and knew we were changing Mat's evening routine.  He could get grumpy and want to eat while we were at the restaurant or maybe he could cry because he gets annoyed when he sits in his car seat for too long.  We took a risk...

Mat was great. He had his eyes wide open for the street fair,  slept when we got to the restaurant and woke up just before we got our fortune cookies. We got home at 9h30, he ate and then went right to bed!

Oh ya, and something endearing happened : An old Chinese lady came to see us at the restaurant and gave me the thumbs up sign while she was looking at Mat and she patted my cheek.  Not a word was spoken but I felt proud and grateful for what she implied.

No comments: