Tuesday, February 10, 2009

motherhood


it's a weird thing, I have had Mattie for almost nine months now and I still like to read pregnancy magazines - just bought one last week! (Plum)

read this great article : Journal of  a second-time mom 
and these two passages resonated with me :

"There's joy in everything these days, but also pangs of sadness.  Already I feel as though I,m saying goodbye to so many things, to this precious stage of my life and of my boy's life."

"I feel so privileged to have these vital moments of motherhood.  The ones where I soothe (Mateo) just by bringing him to my chest, our breaths finding a common rhythm as we settle back to sleep. The ones when the dark sky blushes pink and the city is still silent and still, except for me and my little boy, waiting for a new day to begin."

No comments: