Wednesday, January 21, 2009

brown


I have not written as much as usual on the blog.
Why?
Because I would say that my life is brown right now.
Brown? Ya! Brown is good.  I remember that in art therapy brown is often related to roots and family - to the earth, to what is essential.
Brown is the colour I get when I mix a lot of colours together when I am painting. Brown is the colour I get when I am experimenting, when I am trying something new.
Brown is :
- not sleeping a lot at night but being okay with it because it is for Mat.
- having too much work but being okay with it because I love my job.
- being excited about only hour at the supermarket without child because it feels so good to be alone for just a little while.
- not going out that much but knowing it is just temporary.
- not spending much time alone with M because we are taking turns taking care of Mat.

Mateo has definitely brought brown back in style!

And brown is the colour I want to see on the ground in a few weeks I hope.
I am not a winter person.
I know winter has just begun but I am already longing for green grass, hot pink flowers, sunglasses, sandals, driving with the windows open...

Oh ya, and brown is the colour of chocolate cake! Eating tons of sweets lately too ! Chocolate, rice pudding, cookies, juice...What is going on with me?!!


No comments: